Hi everyone! Today I have Ipsy’s June glam bag. The theme this month is Pretty in Paradise and the bag was designed by Rebecca Minkoff. The bag is a navy blue with a tropical print and has a very nice easy to clean feel to it. The inside of the bag, the trim where the zipper is and the tag that reads Rebecca Minkoff for Ipsy are a reddish orange. As with last months bag, I love the items I received and will be putting them all to good use! Here’s what I received:
- Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara ~ This is a full-sized tube of mascara which retails for $15 on the Be A Bombshell website. So just with this one product my Ipsy bag is well worth the $10 I spent for it .I always love getting full-sized product in my Ipsy bag! The first thing you notice when you open the mascara though is an awful smell. Some have describedit as a burning rubber or plastic smell, a chemical smell, etc., etc. All I know is that it smells terrible! But I did tough it out and give it a try. The formula is nice and does’t clump. But I probably won’t repurchase just because it smells so bad and the formula is not anything overly exciting.
- DERMAdoctor DD Cream Dermatologically Defining BB Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ~ The full size of this product is 40 ml and retails for $38 on their website. The sample I received is 10 ml making it $9.50. This multifunctional corrective beauty balm provides 15 healthy skin benefits and a white sapphire complex that leaves skin healthy and naturally gorgeous. I have tried this a couple of times and thought it was nice. It blends nicely and feels good on the face. It has some shimmer to it, but not overpowering. It really brightens your face and makes it look dewy. I have always had oily skin which only gets worse in the summer lol! Of course after my hysterectomy three years ago my skin has gone crazy…really dry in the winter and excessively oily in the summer. It is making me crazy and I am always on the lookout for something new to help with my issues. This doesn’t seem to make my face any oilier and if I use it and set it with powder it works very well. In the summer I tend to use powder products because of my oily skin but this would be an option to consider for me.
- Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray ~ Full size 4.2 fl. oz. retails for $8.79 at Walgreens. The sample I received is 1.52 fl. oz. and is probably around $3 give or take lol. I love the smell of it …it smells like coconut! I’ve used it once and it does give you some added texture (not that I am really in need of that!) but it sort of made my hair feel a bit dry. According to the description on Walgreens : Dream Waves Beach Spray transforms even the straightest hair into soft, flowing, loose waves anywhere, anytime. It adds body and texture to straight, fine hair or pumps up the curl in already wavy hair. I’m not sure if it does all that but I will definitely try it again, if nothing else it makes your hair smell great(if you like the smell of coconut, that is!).
- Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner in Green. ~ Full size retails for $4.99 (couldn’t find the size on their site but Amazon says the shipping weight is .2 oz). The sample I received was .1 oz so worth around $2.50. The color is a very pretty green shade , maybe not one that I would have picked but I will definitely be trying it. I did try it out on the back of my hand and it doesn’t smudge at all. In fact it takes a little bit of effort to remove it! Even though I am quickly approaching the big 5-0 and they say that ladies my age should avoid shimmer, glitter, etc I tend to be drawn to that lol! I will say that one good thing that has come from having oily skin all my life is that I have almost no wrinkles and only a few fine lines here and there. I really don’t think your age should dictate completely what you wear as long as it looks good and makes you feel good. Just have fun! Of course I won’t be trying this on for a trip to the grocery store lol! I will at least wait until we have a night out to give it a try! I definitely would love to try a few of the other colors they have available…..like the purple or burgundy!
- Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair ~ This is a full-sized product and retails for $5 on the Nyx website. I love this product. I just recently had tried this for the first time when I purchased some Nyx items from Haute Look. One of them was a nuetral lip set which included a Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee. I was very happy to see that I didn’t receive the same color since it was one of the colors they were giving. These glosses feel great on the lips and the smell is just delicious! Reminds me of vanilla frosted cupcakes!
All in all this was a pretty good bag. The mascara smell was the worst thing. Once you apply it the smell does go away, so not totally unusable for me.
Not an Ipsy subscriber? Why not give it a try! For only $10/month you get 4-5 deluxe samples and/or full size products to try. Sign up here: IPSY